Applications are invited from eligible nationals of (or refugees in) Commonwealth countries for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in Sri Lanka starting in January/March 2021.
Join more than 35,000 individuals who have benefitted from the life-changing opportunities a Commonwealth Scholarship offers and contribute to the development of the future Commonwealth.2 Scholarships are available in Sri Lanka, starting in January/March 2021.
Scholarships are on offer in Sri Lanka in the following subject areas:
- Medicine, Health and Life Sciences (UoC)
- Social Sciences (UoSJ)
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in Sri Lanka : Participating Universities.
The following universities are participating:
A. Institute of Biochemistry Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (IBMBB), University of Colombo
The following courses are available:
- MSc in Molecular Life Sciences
- MSc in Cellular and Molecular Immunology
Applicants must be a graduate in biological, medical, dental, veterinary, agricultural or chemical sciences.
The following course is available:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least 3 years managerial experience.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in Sri Lanka Eligibility.
Before applying, please check you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level (or that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate course)
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in Sri Lanka Benefits.
- A life-changing opportunity for cultural exchange and academic collaboration, studying in unique environments across the globe
- Awards are for two-year Master’s degrees and are not applicable to distance learning courses
- Award allowances include:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flight
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research support grant (on request)
How to Apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships in Sri Lanka.
Applications are open until Wednesday 26 June and must be completed online. Please follow the below steps to complete your application.
1) Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
2) Complete a QECS application online
3) Submit a separate application for admission to your chosen course at the same time as submitting your QECS application.
If you have questions about university course admissions at either university, please contact: