This law scholarship is offered to Canadian national students that want to pursue their LLB two-year graduate programme at the School of the Law University of Leeds. The students must be identified as international students for pee purposes and maintain a GPA of 3.5. The selected students will be awarded a scholarship worth £2,500.
Description of University of Leeds, UK
The School of Law at the University of Leeds is a community where, through teaching, research, and public engagement, they try to make a difference in the world. The University of Leeds is one of the largest higher education institutions in the UK and is ranked 92nd in QS Global World Rankings.
Why choose to study at the School of Law at the University of Leeds? The School of Law at Leeds is an intellectually dynamic and diverse community of scholars. The school understands and acknowledges that global challenges require expertise from various disciplines. The University of Leeds aims to make an extraordinary impact on business and society globally through leadership in research and teaching.
- University or Organization: University of Leeds
- Department: School of Law
- Course Level: Bachelor
- Award: £2,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Canadian
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Canada
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the LLB programme offered at the School of Law at the University of Leeds.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be a Canadian national or permanently reside in Canada and be classed as “international” for fee purposes.
- The applicants must achieve at least a GPA of 3.5/4.0 in their undergraduate degree.
- The applicants must commence study in the two-year LLB Law graduate programme in September 2022.
- How to Apply: Students must sign up on the UCAS portal and submit their admission applications. All eligible students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Original copy of your degree certificate and transcript
- A personal statement
- An up-to-date CV, if your chosen course requires work experience
- A letter of financial sponsorship
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold an A-level bachelor’s degree with a 2:1 (Hons) in a non-law subject.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
Application Deadline: The applicants must submit their scholarship applications by 1st October 2022. OR Students must submit their applications by the Final International Deadline, i.e., 1st July 2022.
The selected law students will be awarded a scholarship award valued at £2,500 by the University of Leeds to cover the tuition fee of the undertaken LLB programme partially.