Brandon University is dedicated to offering the best educational opportunities possible for all students irrespective of their citizenship. Therefore, the university has provided some benefits like Fee Waivers for Ukraine Students who wish to come to Canada. Applications are open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The fee waiver will be given to successfully selected high school students that want to enroll in a post-secondary or undergraduate programme offered at Brandon University. The students must be Canada-Ukraine (CUAET) emergency travel visa holders to be eligible to receive this waiver. The fee waiver will cover educational fees.
Description of the Brandon University
Brandon University is located in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, founded on July 13, 1899, as Brandon College as a Baptist institution. The university is ranked 64th among national universities. Brandon promotes excellence in teaching, research, creation, and scholarship.
Why choose to study at Brandon University? Brandon University educates its students to make a meaningful difference as engaged citizens and leaders. The university defends academic freedom and responsibility and is particularly committed to the education of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit people. The university also positively embraces cultural diversity.
- Institution: Brandon University
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Mode of Applying: Online
- Number of Scholarships: Not Given
- To be Taken at: Canada
Application Deadline: Undergraduate application process for the Winter semester at Brandon will close on 1st August 2022. However, course-specific deadlines must be honored individually.
- Eligible Countries: All Ukraine national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Post-secondary and Undergraduate programmes offered at Brandon University are eligible to be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants have fled the war in Ukraine.
- The applicant must have completed secondary school but never attended post-secondary.
- The applicants must be Canada-Ukraine (CUAET) emergency travel visa holders.
- The applicants must have completed secondary school (high school) or some post-secondary.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- CAEL online – 60
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition – 80-86
- Duolingo – 115
Brandon University will offer the selected students the following benefits –
- Applications of the selected students will be assessed for free, i.e., without any application fee.
- The selected international students will be assessed for admission in the applied programme at the Canadian tuition fee rate and not international.
- If the students do not have access to official transcripts and course outlines even though they have attended post-secondary education, the Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition (PLAR) fee will be waived.
- How to Apply: Students must log in to the university’s application portal to apply for admission. All eligible students will be considered upon applying.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Certificate of Complete General Secondary Education
- Transcripts from other post-secondary institutions you have attended
- Unofficial copies of all educational transcripts
- A copy of the student ID you were issued at your university
- A copy of your passport
- A letter outlining your situation in full
- Letter of reference